- La Conner Schools
- Flyer Approval / Community Resource
La Conner School District Flyer Distribution Guidelines
- Should not imply La Conner School District’s endorsement of any identified product and/or of services and shall include the District's non-discrimination statement:
La Conner School District does not sponsor, endorse or recommend any of the organizations, services, or activities described in this information. This information is provided solely for the convenience of our students and parents to assist in their review of the safety and suitability of such organizations, services, and activities. La Conner School District shall be held harmless from any cause of action, claim, or petition filed in any court or administrative tribunal arising out of the distribution of these materials, including attorney’s fees and judgments or awards.
- Adhere to all La Conner School Board of Education policies – (i.e., fundraising – Policy 3530 Fundraising Activities Involving Students
- Align to the District's Strategic Plan.
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be age-appropriate for K-12 students.
- Should not be lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Should not incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of schools.
- Should not promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during scheduled events.
- Discriminate against, attack, or denigrate any group on account of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or other unlawful consideration.
- Should not promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
Flyer Approval Guidelines