Sixth Grade Social StudiesIsland of Tahiti
World Geography and Ancient CivilizationsTopics Include:
- Meaning and parts of Social Studies
- Social Studies Skills
- Rise of Ancient Civilizations
- Comparing Ancient Civilizations
- Follows Scope and Sequence advised by OSPI: World Geography/Ancient Civilizations
- Text: McDougal, Littell, World History; Ancient Civilizations
- Online CultureGrams
Lost Island Examples:Physical Maps
- CultureGrams (Username: laconnerms, Password: cgrams)
- Culture Regions of the World
- Landform Glossary
- Geography Glossary
Thematic Maps- Population Density
Answer each of the following question on Google Docs and share when finished. Each question has multiple answers and should be answered in paragraph form.
- What are characteristics that seem to make cities successful and sustainable?
- What are some characteristics that contribute to the downfall of cities?
- What are the benefits of crowding so many people into a small space?
- What are the problems of drawbacks of cities?