|Edgar Allen Poe|
|"The Tell Tale Heart"|
by Edgar Allen Poe
- Read "The Tell Tale Heart" by Edgar Allen Poe.
- Do the "The Tell Tale Heart" worksheet.
- Make a chart showing how the 5 sense are used in the story to help you visualize the action.
|"To Build a Fire"|
by Jack London
|"The Secret Life of Walter Mitty"|
by James Thurber
|"Bernice Bobs |
by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Read "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- Complete the "Bernice Bobs Her Hair" worksheet.
- Read about the history of the "bob" hairstyle and see historical photos of 1920's styles and memorabilia on this wonderful website.
- Online study guide for "Bernice Bobs Her Hair."
|"The Gift |
of the Magi"
by O. Henry
by Liam O'Flaherty
of Red Chief"
by O. Henry
or the Tiger"
by Frank Stockton
by Kurt Vonnegut
by Richard Connell
- Read "The Most Dangerous Game" by Richard Connell.
- Study Guide for "The Most Dangerous Game."
- Listen to an audio performance
of the story from Chicago Public Radio. (When you get to the page, you
have to scroll down about 6 sections to get to the link for the story.)
- Watch the 1932 movie version of this story. It's about an hour long!