Resource Language ArtsCanvas link:Sovie zoom link:COVID home time:Period 3: Tuesdays and Fridays 9:30-10:30Class LayoutThis will be like upside down teaching.
Action Magazine directions1. action.scholastic.com2. Sign in as a student, password: sovie3. on top (blue) choose "all Issues"IXL directions:1. go to IXL.com2. sign in with user name and password (email me and I will give you them)its a good idea to write them directly on your computer3. on top bookmarks go to language arts4. go into the "red" level then the subscribed lessons5. work twords a smart sccore of 75%
- A two or more weekly instructional video will be released every Friday.
- These students will watch before the class time starts and start to do their homework.
- During the actual class time we will be going answering questions and going over work, working on projects, playing games…. You will also have individual and/or small group appointments during the week.
COVID home learning:
4th period: Tuesday and Thursday 10:45-11:30
1st period: Monday and Wednesday 10:45-11:30
Academic lab is conducted like a homework lab. Students are provided academic support, guidance, skills and a quiet environment to work. They are expected to work on both classwork and homework to keep their grades up. In addition, they are to keep their planners updated, set weekly and daily goals that are measurable, attainable, specific and timely.
If they are credit deficient, they have the opportunity to retrieve credits. If they are close to passing, we work directly with the teacher to submit missing work. We also work with different online programs.
If you are credit deficient, they have the opportunity to retrieve credits. If they were close to passing, we work directly with the teacher to submit missing work. If not, for a fee, we work with different online programs.
Will be based on your weekly check-ins with paraa's, participation and work production
- Be polite
- Be productive
- Be prepared
- Be ontime
Remember to be and active and appropriate participant in class
- sign into both your school email account and canvas account daily
- Do/attempt classwork before the class
- Attend the zoom meeting and any scheduled meetings
- Utilize office hours