Community and Cultural Liaison
- Work with classroom teachers to be sure STI (Since Time Immemorial) is implemented
- Work with classroom teachers to complement STI with elements of Swinomish culture
- Seek out entry points for including Swinomish culture into regular classes, working with classroom teachers, administrators, and other teaching staff to connect the class curriculum with Swinomish culture and practice
- Integrate resources from a wide variety of resources to ensure access to Swinomish culture for all
- Similarly, introduce elements from other local cultures into LCSD classrooms
- Skagit Valley Agriculture
- Literary heritage
- Visual or performing arts
- Connect students with professional opportunities such as internships and mentorships
- Work closely with Title lc staff to execute Migrant grant plan
- Migrant student advocate
- Records clerk
- Program director
- Create opportunities for staff to learn more about local culture, especially Swinomish.
- Help identify and close any achievement gaps within the district.
- Work collaboratively with tribal, district, and local initiatives.
Last Modified on October 7, 2021