Most of the homework assignments given to my students is reading. Occasionally, students will be expected to finish class work at home. New skills will not be assigned as homework.
- Both 7th and 8th grade students are expected to read two chapter books each quarter. After they have finished a book, they are expected to fill out a plot diagram.
- At the beginning of each quarter, I add the assignment on skyward, as well as post it on my whiteboard.
2019-2020 Plot Diagram Due Dates:
- Quarter 1 Plot Diagram #1 - October 11th (if a student read a book over the Summer, they can use that to complete their first Plot Diagram)
- Q1 PD#2- November 22th
- Q2 PD#1- December 20th
- Q2 PD #2- January 24th
- Q3 PD#1- March 13th
- Q3 PD#2- April 3rd
- Q4 PD#1- May 1st
- Q4 PD#2- June 11th
Articles of the Week:
- This assignment is for 8th grade only.
- They will be given a passage or a news article to annotate each week, the instructions are very clear on the front page of every AoW.
- After they have read it, they will answers questions about the excerpt.
- Typically, the AoW is assigned on a Monday and due on a Friday. Occasionally, drop schedules will interfere and change the due date for one class.