Aviation Projects is a semester long, mechanical engineering class that will introduce students to the fundamentals of flight, and require them to construct a series of flying model aircraft from plans. This series will begin with simple models and increase in complexity and performance with each new design.
Objectives- Students will:
- use diagrams and read technical writing to construct functional and successful models accurately measure and
- cut materials to high tolerances to construct functional and successful models model
- use scientific inquiry in an attempt to solve practical problems
- record the process of scientific investigation including questions, design ideas, predictions, model diagrams, and results
- investigate the forces that act upon machines of any kind